Human Resources Business Partner
Job Number: 101836 Updated on: 9/13/2021
Overview: Join our growing team supporting HR with staff development/performance and providing account services support
Location: Austin, TX 78722
Compensation: Based on 4-6 years of experience.
Hours/Duration: Full-time, ongoing
Liaison Creative + Marketing is growing, and we are adding a Human Resources Business Partner to our team! This opportunity will provide you the perfect place to use your relationship building and Human Resources skills working with our Fortune 500 clients and employees. Working in collaboration with the Liaison VP of HR, you will play a central role in the development and support of our employees. Building relationships, coaching, mentoring, and defining training and development programs for our team to keep them competitive and poised for growth. In this full-time, full benefits role, you will be joining a company that has built a word-of-mouth reputation over 30 years.
- Assist the CEO and VP with managing major account relationships in our marketing-focused services organization
- Interact with the Liaison client managers to discuss goals, performance, and motivations for the Liaison staff supporting that manager
- Guide company and client leadership through performance discussions and suggest quality training
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport with Liaison staff to discuss personal development, performance, morale, work/life balance, and teaching practical skills
- Identify actual and potential conflicts and develop remediation plans
- Identify and promote training and development opportunities and compensation discussions
- Field employee questions and concerns
- Assist with various HR duties (both strategic and tactical)
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years in an HR-focused role
- Having some or all of the following background experiences would help make you successful in this role:
- Human Resources: professional development, counseling, performance management, discipline, terminations, process development
- Professional Services: experience working in a large professional/corporate environment with marketing environment preferred
- Counseling: experience working with others to identify and resolve personal issues and challenges and providing them with resources and support
- Teaching or Coaching: demonstrated experience working in an educational environment, helping students to learn and grow
- Non-Profit: experience working in a social services organization providing support to deserving populations
- We are only considering candidates who are based in the Austin, TX area. Candidates applying from outside of the area must indicate their date-specific unconditional relocation plans in the "How does this Opportunity Fit You?" section of the application in order to be considered for this local position
- Empathetic yet able to set and enforce fair and clear expectations
- Enjoy relationship building; people like you and like telling you things!
- The ability to get to genuinely know people as well as learn from them (and are surprised by them daily)
- Understand and appreciate the value of a multicultural workplace
- You love helping people grow, and you believe that people can change with the right motivations, encouragement, and support
- You are inspirational, relatable, collaborative, flexible, and open-mindedâand you get joy from your work!
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and thrive in an active work environment
- You avoid The Drama, and you don't need to be in the spotlight
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Database experience
- Mac experience preferred
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
- 401k program with company matching
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid group term life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Liaison requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination for all new employees.