Graphic Designer for Social Media
Job Number: 101814 Updated on: 7/20/2021
Overview: Produce compelling brand-graphics and animations for social media B2B tech campaigns
Location: remote, Austin TX preferred
Compensation: Based on experience.
Hours/Duration: full-time ongoing
Liaison Creative + Marketing has an ongoing full-time employee opportunity for a remote Graphic Designer to assist a large and growing B2B Tech firm with social media graphics. In critical collaborative role, you'll work with lead designers and stakeholders to create compelling visuals and short animations for social channels supporting a client who is a leader in telecommunications hardware technology. Working across the marketing organization, you'll support global Social Media efforts by working with the various teams to coordinate content - aligning, streamlining, testing, and reusing materials to the extent that is possible. This position is entirely work-from-home, but Austin, TX area candidates are preferred.
- Creation and updating of a wide range of social graphics and short animations - adhering to brand standards, specifications, and best practices for each platform. The client is most active on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Keep up with the current / allowable formats allowed on each platform to ensure the client is taking advantage of new posting options that drive engagement
- Quality and timely delivery of key public-facing value-add visual assets as well as self-service templates, as applicable
- Adherence to quality standards, and prioritization of day-to-day tasks to ensure productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Create professional graphic deliverables that meet the needs of requesters, which may involve providing consultation and suggestions on design concepts, layout, and grammar, when appropriate - with the goal of compelling, click-worthy social content
- Continuously work towards improving the overall consistency in quality and accuracy of social content. Demonstrate knowledge of client brand standards and understand how those standards are applicable to social postings and when it is appropriate to deliver surprising, out-of-the-box, or one-off messages vs. posts that build the story
- Collaborate with content providers to design visually compelling graphics. Envision engaging ways to display data, re-imagine complex technical content to reduce visual clutter, and improve communication of key concepts that drive customers and prospects to learn more about the client
- Help ensure that all materials are reviewed by stakeholders as required, according to Marketing department procedures and are appropriate for the client's Social Media
- Escalate complex issues and questions to help manage risk of not meeting key deliverables. Identify and implement process enhancements geared towards improved effectiveness and/or efficiency.
- 1-3 years of experience in a dedicated design role that includes corporate social media design work
- A web-based portfolio showing adaptable design skills across a range of social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube). High-tech samples a plus
- The team member must demonstrate initiative to produce the highest-quality, brand-appropriate designs, proactive ownership of deliverables, and a genuine desire to contribute to the positive success of the team
- This work will interface with a larger and geographically-dispersed organization, so business hours central time will be required with only occasional exceptions
- This position is entirely work-from-home, but Austin, TX area candidates are preferred
- Expert technical skills across Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint
- Familiar with the requirements of designing effective "call-to-action" graphics and simple animations
- Solid understanding of Graphic Design for various social platforms
- Experience with animation or interactive platforms or with creating elements to be used for motion graphics
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, people, and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand adherence practices
- Desire and ability to keep up with new design tools and technologies to deliver the compelling experiences to customers
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
- 401k program with company matching
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid group term life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.