Digital Community Manager
Job Number: 101803 Updated on: 7/26/2021
Overview: Lead role with a world leader in gaming hardware assessing community pulse and optimizing platform
Location: Austin, Texas
Compensation: Based on 3 to 5 years of experience
Hours/Duration: Full-time, ongoing some remote after trained
Liaison Creative + Marketing has a career opportunity for a Digital Community Manager for our global marketing team. As part of this industry-recognized brand in the gaming world, you will lead community development strategies and tactics. Engaging with the Community in forums, social channels, and industry events, your experience with community management best practices and community platforms will be the key to success! Adding your passion for PC hardware products and the gaming culture will make the perfect combination.
- Moderate: Daily review of conversations and management of posts to assess the Community's pulse as well as seek to improve the community members' experience
- Strategize: Long-term ideas on how to gain new members, build content engagement, develop ideas for marketing, gamification of the platform, converting influencers, and developing relationships with key members of the Community
- Support: Answer questions using the community platform's forums, private messages, and at industry events
- Optimize: The user experience partnering with the Digital Marketing Strategist adjusting the user journey partnering with internal digital marketing strategists, community managers, moderators, social media managers, and the Global Customer Care team
- Track: Platform performance and identify issues to platform support engineers hosting updates with internal teams on metrics and issues
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- 3 to 5 years of experience in community management or marketing role.
- Familiarity with the Khoros platform, PC software and hardware, building PCs, and a passion for gaming is a major plus!
- Experience in the PC hardware technology or video games industry is a plus
- Understanding of community management practices, social media channels, and community management platforms (Khoros, vBulletin, or JiveX a plus)
- Track record developing and executing marketing or community management plans, and the ability to work effectively with senior management and partners
- Experience in customer moderation and support including email, social networks, and forums
- Since this position will be onsite in southwest Austin whenever safe (most likely at some point in the late Summer of 2021), we are only considering candidates with immediate local availability. There will be some remote when the employee demonstrates proficiency in the role. If you are applying from outside the Austin area, please indicate your date-specific unconditional relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" section of the application. We cannot process applications without this information.
- Experience with community platforms such as Khoros, vBulletin, JiveX, or other
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear communication and impeccable organizational skills
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
- 401k program with company matching
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid group term life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.