Social Media Specialist - PC Gaming Community Manager
Job Number: 101790 Updated on: 7/20/2021
Overview: Nurture online gaming-focused communities for a major PC hardware company, a leader in CPU and GPU innovation
Location: Remote, but ability to commute to Southwest Austin 78735 preferred
Compensation: Based on the requirement of 1-5 years of experience.
Hours/Duration: Full-time, ongoing
Liaison Creative + Marketing has a career opportunity for a PC gaming-savvy Community Manager / Social Media Specialist to join our high-tech client's global marketing team in Southwest Austin, Texas. As a part of a solid team of social media marketing professionals, you will be primarily involved in marketing and community development strategies and tactics to support, listen, and actively engage with PC Gaming communities across a range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord. This role is based in the Southwest Austin campus of our client and candidates who are able to be onsite full-time are preferred, although we are open to fully remote candidates who is based in TX, MN, TN, NC, or UT.
- Collaborate with a growing embedded corporate Social Media Marketing and Community Management team to engage and grow the community and publish content to platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Discord, and YouTube
- Run social listening, looking for surprise and delight opportunities
- Measure and report results for community management efforts and social content performance
- Track and automate postings with Khoros
- Some experience with PC gaming will be necessary in order to join the conversations underway. Please tell us your CPU, GPU, and a current game you're into in the first line of the "how does this opportunity fit you?" section of the application. There are no wrong answers!
- Your resume shows 1 to 5 years of experience in a community management or social media-focused marketing role
- Demonstrated success in growing a community online
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- Please link to all professionally relevant social media profiles in your application
- This position is based in southwest Austin, TX, but we are open to hiring a remote employee based in TX, MN, TN, NC, or UT. Candidates applying from outside of these states cannot be considered.
- Strong understanding of social networks, their media, and trends; especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Discord, and YouTube
- Proficient with MS Office
- Khoros or similar scheduling tools a plus
- Solid copywriting for short form or social media communications
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
- 401k program with company matching
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid group term life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program