Localization Project Manager
Job Number: 101732 Updated on: 5/3/2021
Overview: Manage localization for videos and marketing content for a global tech hardware leader
Compensation: Based on experience.
Hours/Duration: Fulltime, ongoing
Liaison Creative + Marketing has an opportunity for a Localization Project Manager with video subtitling experience to join our team supporting our high-tech client's worldwide Digital Marketing organization. Using your Chinese OR Spanish language skills, you will manage the localization of videos while working with industry-leading video creators, global marketing teams, and product managers. Working with a localization vendor that provides the actual translations, you will plan, prioritize, scope, budget, review, upload files to a central library, deploy content, and measure the performance and utilization of multilingual videos.
- Work with agencies on transcription, localization of scripts, subtitling, on-screen text production, identification of voiceover talent, dubbing, and adaptation/editing of videos to make them appropriate to each local audience
- Work with Video production agencies, in-house Video team, and marketing and product managers on the localization, schedules, budgets, priorities, and best practices of growing video needs and video metadata
- Be part of a global team for promotional videos for games, seasonal/global retailer promotions, announcements, keynotes, and speaker videos for digital activation
- Identify business requirements from internal customers, collect metadata, and required source files from content creators or video team, drive project schedules, and communicate roadmaps, progress, and risk providing a quality customer experience globally
- REQUIRED: Native-level knowledge of the written foreign language, preference for Simplified Chinese (Greater China) OR Spanish (Latin America)
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- 1-3 years of experience managing video adaptation, video localization projects, voiceover production, translation, subtitling, video editing, and/or motion graphics
- Video editing or video production experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working in another country and with other cultures is preferred
- Proven project and time management skills with experience managing stakeholder expectations
- Bachelor's Degree
- This role is in Southwest Austin, TX onsite or remote in TX, UT, NC, or TN. If you are applying from outside these states please indicate your date-specific unconditional relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" section of the application. We cannot process applications without this information.
- Working knowledge video editing software
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion while adhering to timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Great problem solving and issue resolution mindset focused on driving results
- Strong communication and collaboration skills is a must
- Desire to learn GPU/CPU hardware product
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance;
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave;
- 401k program with company matching;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Paid group term life insurance;
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage;
- Optional Pet Insurance;
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.