Freelance Corporate Video Editor
Job Number: 101523 Updated on: 7/31/2020
Overview: Collaborate on projects on a week-to-week basis that help a leader in consumer tech tell its story to the world
Location: Austin-area Remote
Compensation: We are letting the market determine rates. Please indicate your hourly rate range in the first line of the cover letter
Hours/Duration: As-needed, sporadic with occasional multi-day sprints.
Liaison Creative + Marketing has some upcoming projects starting mid-September which require the services of an Austin-based freelance video editor with the ability to respond in real-time and take on work-day flex projects as needed. Supporting a Fortune 500 leader in consumer PC technology, our embedded team is facing a crunch time and needs the services of an expert storyteller with exceptional collaboration and client-services skills.
- Edit existing footage into compelling stories at the guidance of creative leadership through multiple rounds of revisions while providing a high level of client services
- Collaborate with an existing embedded corporate creative team to enhance their strength for a big surge in work mid-September through November and likely beyond
- Spring into action with same day response to get projects on your work-week schedule for event-centric corporate communications videos that turn advances in consumer PC technology into compelling narratives. Project range from one day to 3 weeks in duration
- Occasional same-day hard media transfer in person in south Austin -- and eventual in-person meetings when safe -- may be required, so we are only considering local freelancers
- Your application includes a link to a single streaming-enabled demo reel showcasing a breadth of editing work (please no attachments, file-sharing links, or links to multiple separate samples. We will need to see a reel)
- You're a full-time freelancer without existing full-time schedule commitments for the foreseeable future. We expect to share you with your other clients of course, but we can't share you with a full-time job
- Documentary experience a plus. These videos are more about content than transactional marketing, so we're looking for more depth than dazzle
- Occasional same-day hard media transfer in person in south Austin -- and eventual in-person meetings when safe -- may be required, so we are only considering local freelancers. Non-local candidates can only be considered if you make it clear you'll be local before mid September no matter what
- You'll use your own copy of Creative Cloud on your own system to deliver Premiere-ready files to onsite production teams
- Liaison employee benefits will not be provided for this self-employed 1099 freelance opportunity.