Freelance Technical Writer-Editor
Job Number: 101499 Updated on: 6/5/2020
Overview: Provide technical writing, editing, and coordination services for an enterprise software corporation's web application
Location: Work from Home in Austin, TX
Compensation: Please indicate your hourly freelance rate in the "How does this opportunity fit you"? section.
Hours/Duration: Roughly 40 hours a month includes occasional meetings during work hours, CST
Liaison Creative + Marketing has a long-term project opportunity for an Austin-based freelance Technical Writer/Editor to provide roughly 40 hours a month of writing, editing, and project coordination services for our health care enterprise software corporate client. As a self-employed vendor to Liaison, you'll collaborate directly with marketing and communications stakeholders within our client to turn SME product text drafts into robust and consistent web-app-ready documents. This is a great fit for a client-services oriented freelance professional seeking a large, recurring long-term project.
- Build technical product documents based on SME drafts, ensuring consistency and quality
- Coordinate with multiple product teams to gather content on monthly deadlines
- Participate in meetings during standard business hours, CST
- Deliver final pdf to content team for final upload into the app
- Develop solid working relationships and a solid collaborative work process within our health care enterprise software client's corporate culture
- Be sure your application includes a link to your online technical writing portfolio (no zip files or download links please)
- Your resume shows previous technical writing experience with enterprise web applications
- Previous coordination, project management, or client services within a large corporate setting with multiple stakeholders strongly preferred
- While this work is all remote from home, Austin-based freelancers are strongly preferred due the need for of local in-person meetings on short notice.
- Technical Writing
- Client services, scheduling, and coordination skills
- Liaison employee benefits will not be provided for this self-employed 1099 freelance opportunity.