Deliver a range of marketing and technical writing for a leader in semiconductor technology
Join our collaborative B2B marketing and communications team to deliver a range of marketing and technical writing for a leader in semiconductor technology. As our Copywriter/Editor, you'll combine your strong writing and editing ability with an ability to ramp up rapidly on our cutting-edge semiconductor client's processes, products, technology, and procedures.
This position for Copywriter is 30 hours per week and will run December 2019 through May 2020. Benefits will be part of this opportunity and discussed in the interview. Flex-hours for office days and remote work.
Some specific activities include:
- Writing and editing copy for a wide variety of analytical, interpretive, documentary, promotional literature, and publications for hard copy and/or the web
- Utilize available resources to gather or develop source content to revise, combine and/or correct existing material; interview customers, subject matter experts, and engineers or other technical personnel to secure content
- Prepare written copy, as well as review and edit copy for proper use of terminology, style, direction, content, grammar, punctuation, and clarity according to specific (provided) standards
- Perform editing, proofreading, and quality control functions to produce technical documents in a deadline-driven environment
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of style, format, syntax, and spelling
- Interact closely with product and marketing specialists, subject matter experts and internal stakeholders to understand and meet assigned expectations
- Manage multiple deadlines and priorities within specific time frames. Perform other related duties as assigned
- Prioritize work appropriately with only occasional supervision
- 5-8 years of experience with some combination of copywriting and technical writing in the high-tech industry. Semiconductor a plus
- At least two years of editing experience needed (technology industry required, semiconductor industry preferred)
- Writing samples attached or a link to a writing portfolio website (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in English or technical field. Experience may substitute for education
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Expertise in Adobe Acrobat Pro (for review and markup)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Project management skills
- Experience with document formatting and templates
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good team collaboration skills
This is a full-time, ongoing employee position on Liaison's marketing team working onsite at the south Austin campus of our corporate semiconductor and technology client. Details will be provided during the interview process. We are seeking candidates with immediate local availability for in-person interviews. If you are applying from outside of the central Texas area, be sure to provide date-specific unconditional imminent relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" section of our application.
Based on experience.
Limited employee benefits package includes employee-paid medical and dental insurance, 401k program, short- and long-term disability insurance and available supplemental insurance. Details will be provided at time of job offer.