Develop training materials to support a global industry leader in enterprise technology consulting
Liaison Creative + Marketing has a career opportunity for an Austin-based and client service-oriented Instructional Designer to join our marketing team dedicated to our Fortune 50 Global Enterprise consulting client. This position specifically supports the client's Enterprise Data Platform Digital Technology Leader and his team by creating training materials and supporting internal change management initiatives with occasional in-person and remote sessions. Travel is approximately 15%, as needed or once every 6 weeks.
This ongoing full-time position provides full employee benefits and pays base-only salary commensurate with 5-7 years of related experience. This is a great fit for an experienced Instructional designer with a change management background who thrives in large and complex organization and can build relationships with remote stakeholderrs. The position requires about 15% US travel. The team is based in the Austin, TX area where we will be conducting pre-hire interviews and occasional post-hire meetings. Candidates applying from outside of central Texas must provide unconditional date-specific relocation plans to be considered.
- Collaborate with managers/directors and subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business to understand needs and translate them into learning and performance content and materials
- Apply best practices in adult learning to design high-quality, interactive learning experiences; identify and incorporate effective and innovative practices in learning and development Identify and create materials to support end-user learning, including quick reference guides, job aids, videos and reinforcement tools
- Program manage and/or implement learning and performance deliverables by creating and maintaining a learning curriculum document and driving for timely results. (Able to manage the learning workstream day-to-day)
- Serve as a point of contact and provide feedback, support, and direction to other Labs team members who are building learning products for our team
- Act as a change agent for business initiatives by interacting with stakeholders, writing change messages, and evaluating where associates are in terms of change acceptance
- Effectively manage the full life-cycle of all assigned projects, programs and initiatives
- 5-7 years of related work experience in learning and development and instructional design
- Experience in organizational development and/or change management is preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Pendo or similar change management software experience
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong instructional design skills
- Proven facilitation skills in both instructor-led and virtual settings
- Highly proficient in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to create videos through tools like Adobe Captivate
- Ability to think both critically and creatively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with a strong attention to detail; able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to deliver high-quality work with minimal supervision
This is a full-time, full-benefits employee position on Liaison's marketing team working remotely from your central Texas home office, supporting our global business services client and managed from Liaison HQ. Details will be provided during the interview process. We are seeking candidates with immediate local availability for in-person interviews. If you are applying from outside of central Texas, be sure to provide date-specific relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" section of our application.
Based on experience.
Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance, paid vacation/sick and holiday leave, 401k program with company matching, short- and long-term disability insurance and optional supplemental insurance and life coverage. Details will be provided at time of job offer.