Manage online communities and support the brand voice for a major global player in PC gaming hardware.
Liaison Creative + Marketing has a career opportunity for a PC Hardware and Gaming-savvy Community Manager / Social Media Manager to join our high-tech client's our global marketing team in Southwest Austin, Texas. As a Community Strategist on a growing team of social media marketing professionals, you will be primarily involved in marketing and community development strategies and tactics; including managing the advocate program, engaging the user community at industry events, in forums and social channels and creating community content. The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of today's social platforms, have a passion for PC and console gaming and basic PC hardware skills.
This full-time, full-benefits Liaison employee position starts in early January. If your application looks like you've got what it takes, we'll have a quick Email conversation and then interview you at our Airport Blvd office, followed by a meeting with the client onsite in south Austin. If you're not local yet, please include your unconditional date-specific relocation plans in your application. Thanks!
What you'll do:
- Moderate, create content and engage the community on social networks such as Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.., forums and the upcoming Community Website.
- Support the client's Community by answering questions on social networks such as Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn etc..., forums and at industry events
- Assist with the management of the client's âAdvocate Programâ by overseeing both internal and external resources, while creating content, organizing events, and producing required collateral assets to grow the program
- Create innovative community development strategies and tactics by collaborating with Marketing, Sales and Public Relations teams
- Develop a relationship with members of the Community while building an identity. Assess the community's pulse, understand its needs, concerns and communicate to internal teams
- Report and flag key community feedback and issues in real time for the relevant internal stakeholders
- Leverage key members of various hardware and gaming communities to help evangelize the client's brand both online and off
- Attend various industry events and plan community meet-ups
- Please list your current CPU and GPU in the first line of the "how does this opportunity fit you" section of the application. There's no wrong answer, we just need know that you care about these things!
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a community management or social media marketing role
- Experience in the hardware technology or video games industry is a major plus
- Demonstrated track record in developing and executing short and long-term marketing or community management plans, and the ability to work effectively with senior management and partners
- Experience in customer moderation and support in the online space including, email, Twitter and forums is another major plus
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Please link to all professionally-relevant social media profiles in your application
- Ability to have an intelligent conversation about PC Hardware and gaming
- Familiar with Discord and a passion for gaming and building PCs
- Strong understanding of social networks, its media and trends; especially Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and Reddit
- Proficient with MS Office
- The ability to work effectively under deadline and manage multiple projects simultaneously. To think and communicate clearly and have impeccable organizational skills
- An application demonstrating superior written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time, ongoing position on Liaison's team working onsite at a global semiconductor manufacturing company, a leader in gaming hardware. Details will be provided during the interview process. Sorry, no relocation benefits are available for this position. If you are applying from outside of central Texas, be sure to provide date-specific relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" portion of our application.
Based on 3-50 years of experience.
Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance, paid vacation/sick and holiday leave, 401k program with company matching, short- and long-term disability insurance and optional supplemental insurance coverage. Details will be provided at time of job offer.